William Henry Pilcher 1881 – 1933
William was baptised on 16th January 1881 in Ringwould, to parents John and Esther (née Marsh).
The family were living in Martin, East Langdon in 1881 and East Langdon in 1891.
By 1901 William was working as a carter on a farm in Guston, and in the 1911 Census, he is described as a shepherd at Upton Court. Robert Edmund Norris was the farmer. It has not been possible to confirm a marriage or any children for him.
It has proved impossible to trace William’s War records. There were many men called William Pilcher without records remaining other than medal rolls, and confirming the right one has proved elusive to date.
It is known that he lived in Sidney Street, Cheriton from at least 1930, as shown by Electoral Registers.
William died on 28th January 1933 at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Folkestone. He was resident in Folkestone, an Army Pensioner aged 51, and is buried in the cemetery in Cheriton.