Members – We Need Your Continued Support
2021 Membership Renewal
A warm hello to all our valued supporters from the History Society’s committee.
We are inviting you to renew membership in 2021, and because we have been unable to run our expected programme of meetings, talks and activities we are offering membership this year at a mere £5 per head. Of course, if you would like to make a small additional donation it will be gratefully received. Please see payment methods below.
Some good reasons to become or remain a member in 2021
Although we don’t know when things will return completely to normal there is still a lot going on that will interest you:
- we have put our first presentation of 2021 on Youtube. It’s the story of an ME109 that crashed near Westcourt Farm in 1940. We followed it up with a Zoom discussion, and we are planning more on-line talks and chats during the coming year until we can meet again at the village hall (link below). We will keep you posted.
- we are nearing completion and publication of the long awaited book commemorating all those from the parishes who served in the Great War
- we are working hard with Historic England, the parishes of Nonington and Womenswold, the Kent Archaeological Society, Dover District Council and the Plumptre Estate to save and protect for future generations the 4,000 year old Bronze Age burial mounds on Three Barrow Down which have been described as.. “the forgotten archaeological gem of Kent”.
- members are also working hard on a guide to the graves in St. Andrew’s churchyard that will be available to all visitors to our lovely parish church
- our website goes from strength to strength putting more of the history of the villages on-line as we acquire more material
There is something of interest for everyone.
See the January presentation at https://youtu.be/-2HNJcaW4jA
If you possibly can, please pay by BACS transfer to: Shepherdswell & Coldred History Society, sort code: 20-02-62, account number: 43156214
If you are unable to use internet banking, cheques may be made payable to Shepherdswell & Coldred History Society, and posted to the Acting Treasurer, Brian Flood, 83 Sandwich Road, Whitfield, Dover CT16 3LU.